Are you a planetary citizen interested in international culture and the state of computer graphics across the globe? The ACM SIGGRAPH International Resources Committee is looking for volunteers.
The International Center at the annual conference is staffed by volunteers who represent the regions of the world. We are always looking for people interested in joining us, to help welcome and orient international attendees at the conference.
At SIGGRAPH 2015, the International Center offers bilingual tours of conference programs, informal translation services, and space for meetings, talks, and demonstrations. Throughout the year, the International Resources program facilitates worldwide collaboration in the SIGGRAPH community, provides an English Review Service to help submitters whose first language is not English, and encourages participation in all conference programs and events.
Our duties at the International Center include:
- Welcoming international visitors to the conference (pathfinding, basic translation services).
- Providing English Review for submissions to the conference.
- Coordinating presentations on the state of computer graphics throughout the world.
- Producing information services that make the conference more accessible to international attendees (current projects include multilingual podcasts, web content, and a mobile app).
- Connecting the conference with the ACM SIGGRAPH Chapters, conference attendees, and international entities.
Our selection process is based on availability and need, so please be sure to contact the International Resources Chairs for updates on our latest openings.
We try to cover all continents, by assigning general regions to our committee members. These include:
USA and Canada
Europe and Russia
Africa and the Middle East
In order to represent a world region, you should live at least part-time in that region and should be able to speak at least one regional language (as well as English).
See you in Los Angeles in August!