Thank you for agreeing to review a paper for SIGGRAPH. Your reviews have a direct and important impact on the quality of the most important conference in computer graphics and interactive techniques. Your reviews also help the community as a whole to improve the quality of its work. To access review materials and the web review forms, please login to the online submission system using your standard submission account.
What to Look For
Look for what's good or stimulating in the paper. Minor flaws can be corrected and shouldn't be a reason to reject a paper. Each paper that is accepted should, however, be sound and make a substantial contribution to the field. Please familiarize yourself with the information in the Call for Submissions.
Ethics & Professionalism
Please read the ethics guidelines. It is extremely important that we uphold our reputation for treating ideas confidentially and professionally.
By accepting a paper for review, you are guaranteeing to review the following author required submission materials in the approved formats:
- Abstract of 100-150 or fewer words summarizing the essential points of the manuscript
- Representative image in JPG format
- A 3,000-word (maximum) paper (including references and figure captions) complete with figures, and proofed, in PDF format for review purposes (need not be camera-ready)
And you are agreeing to review the following optional materials if they are included in the submissions:
- QuickTime (.mov), AVI, or .mp4 format video file, no greater than 100 MB
- A glossary if specialized or original terms are used in the manuscript, in either a UTF-16 encoded text file or as RTF.
If you are not willing to make this guarantee, please recuse yourself from reviewing the paper.
Authors were asked to take reasonable efforts to hide their identities, including not listing their names or affiliations and omitting acknowledgements. This information will of course be included in the published version.
- Take enough time to write a thoughtful and detailed review. Short reviews are much less helpful to the authors and to other reviewers.
- Be specific and detailed. For example, in the discussion of contribution and references, simply saying "this is well known" or "this has been done by others" is not sufficient. Cite specific publications or public disclosures of work.
- Be generous. Give the authors ideas for how they can improve their work. Your suggestions may be very specific or may be more general in nature. Your reviews will be returned to the authors.
- Remember that other reviewers read your reviews. A thoughtful review not only benefits the authors, but may well benefit you, too.
- Be thorough. The Explanation of Rating section is a very important part of the review. Your discussion, sometimes more than your score, will help the Art Papers Committee decide which papers to accept.
- If you do not think the paper is right for the SIGGRAPH Art Papers program, suggest other publication possibilities (journals, conferences, workshops) that would be a better match for the paper.
- Do not give away your identity.
All submissions and their reviews are online. To access submitted papers and materials, log in to the online submission system the same way you would to make a submission to SIGGRAPH 2015, using your existing electronic submission account. Once you have logged in, follow the "Access the Jury/Review System" link to view the papers assigned to you for review. Here you will see links for Submission Review and Bulletin Board System. Submission Review is where you will enter your own reviews, while the Bulletin Board System is where you will have private, anonymous conversations with all the reviewers of a given submission during the deliberation period. Using both these tools, your goal is to reach consensus on the status of a submission before the senior reviewers meet for the jury meeting.
If you have any questions or problems with the online review system, please contact:
SIGGRAPH 2015 Art Papers Program Administrator
If the administrator is not available, there are a few other people on the artpapers-admin (at) siggraph.org alias who can also assist you.
The deadline for completed reviews is 15 March 2015. All bulletin board discussions need to be completed by 17 March 2015, unless your lead reviewer set an earlier deadline for your review. The Art Papers Committee has a lot of work to do after the reviews are in. Adhering to this deadline is extremely important.
When You’re Done
When you have completed review, you should destroy any paper manuscript that you have printed and/or supporting material (such as images and videos) that you downloaded, as described in the ethics guidelines.